At DMSI we develop new sites and consult on the development and redesign of existing sites.
DMSI develops both commercial and informational web sites. Whether it's a simple web site introducing your business, a medical web site explaining surgical procedures, or a full-blown E-commerce site, DMSI has the tools and skill sets to get the job done right.
Throughout the project life cycle, DMSI consultants work closely with clients to gain a thorough understanding of their business needs, as well as the message they want to convey to their customers. As the system evolves the client is kept in the loop to insure a perfect fit.
State of the Art Tools:
All sites are developed using industry standard, state of the art tools:
- Web screens are developed using Macromedia DreamWeaver.
- Photographs are optimized using Macromedia Fireworks to insure optimal load time onto the viewers' screens.
- Commercial Sites use industry standard scripting languages for back end processing; accessing and updating databases, and providing dynamic screen generation to the web site, with up to date information.
- Commercial Sites use relational databases like Microsoft SQL Server and MYSQL to store and display dynamic information like inventory pricing and availability, sales orders, customer information, and survey data.
- Financial transactions use industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technologies to ensure transmission security.
E-commerce Web Sites are custom built to meet the specific needs of each business. Sites are built with an easy management interface; freeing the entrepreneur from dealing with the technical aspects of operating the web site, and allowing him to focus on his business.
- Inventory, pricing, sales management, and customer maintenance are maintained, using a menu driven application.
- The customer views up to date information, based on current pricing, sales, and inventory availability. Credit card payments are passed to a third party transaction processor.
- Orders and customer information is stored in a company database, for order fulfillment, and future marketing applications, such as promotional email campaigns.
Maintenance and Support:
Given the dynamic environment of business environment, web sites need to be kept up to date to accurately represent the business and it's offerings, and to effectively target and cater to it's customers. This can include layout changes, additional features, and technology changes to existing sites, or even the creation of new sites to target different markets.
With it's broad skill set in IT and Operations Management, DMSI provides ongoing maintenance and support services for its customers; in many areas including:
- Ongoing Site Support
Modifications to accommodate changes in upstream and downstream interfaces
Assistance with Customer / Client operational issues
- General Facilities and Operations Consulting Services including:
- Project Management Services
Network and Connectivity Issues
Project Management Services:
DMSI also provides project management services for small organizations that may not have the experience or specific expertise necessary to manage the many technical issues involved with producing a commercial web site.
DMS coordinates activities between all parties involved, including members of the client organization, the clients vendors who support upstream and downstream feeds to the web site, and hosting facilities to insure that all pieces of the puzzle come together correctly.
Case Studies: MJZ Distributors, Outrageous Party Favors